of Public Toilets|
Everyone needs to visit the restroom several times in the course of
the day. By providing public toilets for all, it will encourage more
people to travel by transport, to walk, and to cycle, without having
the fear of being caught short. For restrooms to serve their purpose
in facilities, maintenance and cleanliness must be upheld always so
that people would not dread visiting them. Given below are some guidelines
to follow so as to maintain a clean and dry restroom.
- Do not flick water on the floor after washing your hands. Instead,
dry them with the hand dryer or hand towel available.
- Flush the toilet thoroughly after use.
- Dispose all unwanted stuffs into the bins instead of conveniently
throwing them on the floor.
- As restrooms can serve as a breeding ground for odors caused by
body fluids, bacterias and mold spores, hence they must be well ventilated
with regular exchange of air.
- Hand basin is only meant for hand washing. Thus, it should not be
used to wash other materials.
- When using the toilet paper, just pull the exact pieces so that
they would not litter the floor.
- Public toilets should be supervised permanently or checked at very
regular intervals to maintain the highest level of hygiene and cleanliness.
- Vandalism is a common problem in public toilets and it often makes
the toilets appear unsightly. Thus, one shouldn’t vandalize the
toilets and should uphold the clean image.
- For guys using the toilets, do aim properly at the urinal so as
not to dirty the floor.
- Ladies should not set their foot on any part of the toilet bowl
so that the toilet bowl will remain clean for the next user.
- Adjust the tap level properly so as to ensure water do not splash
onto the ground and thus causing it to be slippery and inconvenient
for the next user.
- Do not choke the toilet bowl or the hand-washing basin. They are
only used for their purposes and not the other reasons.
- Do not smoke inside the toilet as the fallen ash will dirty the