- Provide Quality Health care
to underprivileged through camps and clinics.
- Raise awareness about good health through Awareness programs,
Slide shows, Demonstrations, Rallies, etc.
- Add meaning to the lives of children in labor force through
Niramaya Health Foundation
is a non-profit, non-governmental Health Organization, committed
to provide Comprehensive Health Care to improve immediate
and long-term health of underprivileged sector of our society
focusing upon pre-schoolers, children in labor force, school
going and school dropout adolescents, youth and women.
- Micronutrient Intervention
camps for Balwadi Children (2-6yrs).
- Health check up camps for women, children and adolescents
in the community.
- Eye and Dental Check up camps in the community and outreach
for working children.
- Adolescent Sexuality Education Training Programme for the
adolescent boys and girls in the schools.
- There are 5 outreach clinics, which provide health check-ups
free of cost for the children working in labor force.
- Recreational Events for children
- Health Awareness Sessions for Employers
- Repoductive Health Education Program- For women in reproductive
- Nutrition Demonstration Program
During 2003-04, the following
projects were carried out-
1) Micronutrient Intervention
camps - out of 5864 children, 4166 (60.5%) children
were malnourished in the 1st balwadi
intervention camp which reduced significantly to 39% at the
4th intervention camp.
2) Children Health check-up camps
- 3624 children were examined and treated.
3) Adolescent Health check-up
camps - 52 health check-up camps have been conducted
in which 241 adolescents were examined and treated.
4) Women Health check-up camps
- 590 women were examined and treated during the 41 health
checkup camps conducted for women. 24% women were clinically
examined along with Hemoglobin estimation. 65% of the women
were found to be anemic. Iron and folic acid supplementation
for anemia. Hemoglobin levels of the women ranged from 8.2
gm% to 11gm%. 15 women underwent Pap smear examination.
5) Adolescent Sexuality Training
Programme - 3089 adolescents have undergone adolescent sexuality
training sessions out which 2202 were girls and 887 were boys.
6) Outreach Project- 6099 clients
were examined and treated at the clinics.
7) Mobile van Camps - For Outreach
camps for children working in dumping ground and street children,
also used for community camps.
History: Niramaya Health Foundation founded
in June 2001. Niramaya is committed to improving the health
of these communities, and has been phasing in its activities
over time to focus on different target groups. Niramaya has
changed its thrust from one that focuses primarily on pre-school
child health to one that covers different aspects of community
Projects of Niramaya:
I.BALWADI HEALTH PROGRAM
II.HEALTH CHECK-UP CAMPS
III.ADOLESECENT HEALTH EDUCATION
II.MOBILE VAN CAMPS
What is it that you exactly do for a beneficiary?
Provide health check-ups of
women children and adolescents in the community. Provide
micronutrients to the balwadi children and Adolescent sexuality
training to the adolescents and give free health check-ups
for the children in the labor force through clinics.
How can you work with
.Sponsors - Sponsoring events for children
in the labor force
.Other NGOs - Act as resource person for the other ngo and
also invite them as resource person in our programs.
.Schools - Conduct
Adolescent Sexuality training sessions in the schools
.Hospitals - Referral of the patients
Yearly Budget: Rs. 65 lacs
Revenue Sources: Pratham USA, Johnson and Johnson Ltd., Concern
India Foundation, British Gas.
Corporates can adopt us at yearly sponsorship of Rs. 65 lacs
full time: 4 Doctors, 48 Health Workers
part time: 1 Doctors, 1 Health Worker
volunteers: 2-3 / month
Services needed: yes
Advisors needed: yes
Jobs Available: yes
Niramaya Health Foundation
Above Adarsh Mithai Mandir, 2nd floor,