To enjoy the experience of
'giving' our time and energy to serve members of our
society who give us various opportunities to do so for
our benefit because we truly cannot help anybody else
without helping ourselves first.
- To develop a sense of
gratitude towards all that we have and enjoy the
satisfaction of having done something good for our
- Arpan members are:
- Volunteers during public or private events that
institutions or NGOs organise
- Volunteers to teach or play on a
weekly/fortnightly/monthly basis at a NGO.
- Volunteers to distribute needful goodies at
Orphanages, Old Age Homes, Street Children/Adults,
Institutions for the mentally and physically disabled,
- Fulfill monetary needs for the above activities
Timeframe of assignments
- Minimum -
once a month, Maximum - upto every individual
Form of Communication between members
) - Enlist your email address by sending an email to email@example.com
What you can do
- Help organise the monthly assignments by communicating
with NGOs or other places you know or can find out about
- Help co-ordination between all members through
communication by email and phone once assignment has
- Help in building raw material resources by which we
can get things at low prices or have manufacturers
sponsor them e.g. toys, board games, books, medicines,
non-perishable eatables e.g. biscuits, utilitarian
products e.g. soaps, combs, clothes, etc.
- Generate ideas of what other kinds of assignments
Project Arpan can do.
"Atmano mokshartam jagata hitayacha"
For one's liberation, one should serve society. - Swami
It's been fifteen months since we began Project Arpan.
Everyone's contributions in monetary, physical
contribution of time and energy and goodwill of
all has enabled all of us to make a small
difference in the lives of some children and old
I've prepared an overview of when and where we went,
what we did. I would be pleased to send it to you. Pooja