is an organisation that was conceived with the intention of
providing assistance to the Intellectually disabled or our “Special
Friends” as we’d like to call them, to self actualize and provide
forums wherein they can redeem their self-esteem – to be considered
and consider themselves as contributing members of Society.
Towards this objective, a vocational training centre was started
in Bandra(W), Mumbai on 26th August 2002 to impart training
in art and craft skill sets, candlemaking & needlework.
The objective of this initiative has been to ensure that the
Special Friends are trained in various skills and thereafter
to monitor and assist them to form their own cooperatives where
they can replicate and reproduce various items and sell giving
them a direct income leading to remunerative employment thus
the co-operative model.
- Offer dignity, Not Pity
- Rights, Not Charity
- Equality, Not dependence
- Participation, Not Segregation
ATMAVISHWAS currently requires the following personnel :
1) Special Educator :
· To oversee the training program and general functioning
of the Vocational Training Center.
· To teach skills and reinforce practice to perfection.
· To assist Volunteers in implementation of Co-operative model
(Home Bound Program)
· To develop an income generation program among other duties.
Timings : 0930 hrs to 1500 hrs
Remuneration : Paid assignment
2) Volunteers :
· To co-ordinate & implement “The Cooperative Model” as
a home-based program for our “Special Friends” who have successfully
completed 2 years training at Atmavishwas. A pilot project
is intended to be undertaken in the Bandra(W) area.
· The co-operative is intended to be formed with involvement
of parents and sensitized citizens whereby it will provide
remunerative employment, community interaction and personal
· The co-operative is to be planned and implemented on commercial
lines to generate Profit which the “Special Friends” will
retain as earnings.
· The co-operative will be provided with opportunities alongwith
initial handholding by Atmavishwas.
For further details contact :
Mrs Sybil da Gama - Project In-charge,
Atmavishwas-The Vocational Center,
Flat no 2, Ground Floor, Avalon,
Bandra Avalon Co-op Hsg Society,
St. Sebastian Rd.,
Bandra (W), Mumbai 400 050
Tel : 26402029 (0930hrs – 1430hrs)
Mob: 9821017135 (anytime)
E – mail : email@example.com
Website : www.atmavishwas.org