Jan 10: BMC - NGO - Citizen meet for Gardens & Trees &
Meeting of NGOs and concerned
citizens and organisations:
Tuesday, 10th Jan
3:30 pm at the Karmayog office.
5:00 pm at BMC with Mr. Ratho, AMC,
Focus: Gardens & Trees &
- any NGO, college, commercial
org, animal org, ALM, which wants to do anything constructive
for its area or for Mumbai
- Adoption of gardens, recreation
grounds, playgrounds, undeveloped plots by citizen groups
(list and procedure uploaded)
- Involvement of NGO Council in
evaluation of adoption proposals
- central dividers of roads with
shrubs -- are citizen groups willing to develop and maintain?
- are citizen groups willing to
maintain gardens if BMC pays 75% cost of doing so?
- are citizen groups / NGOs
willing to operate vermicomposting bins in public gardens, rg/pg's?
- Purchase of compost from
bio-degradable waste by garden dept. (draft circular uploaded)
- RG / PG caretaker policy i.e.
30% area can be constructed upon (new rules almost formed)
- terms and conditions for tree
cutting (3 standard terms uploaded)
- role and responsibility of
Garden Dept (note uploaded)
- citizen groups' involvement in
plantation drives by BMC
- how to popularise the trees
suitable for plantation in Mumbai (list uploaded)
- amendment of Trees Act (uploaded
as modified till 9 June 2004)
- composition of members of Tree
Authority (contact list of current members uploaded)
- role of zoo - from amusement to
education and conservation
- volunteer for making
policy framework document for gardens etc and trees.
All details will be uploaded as
stated in a day or two in the Gardens section in www.karmayog.org
It would be best if you can share
your experiences and suggestions before the meeting so that
others can read and respond.
This is an initiative under the
BMC-NGO MOU regarding involvement of civil society in
policies, procedures, awareness creation, monitoring,
RSVP: Karmayog Contact 22940109 (For enquiries between 2 to 3 pm)
Shreeniwas House, 2nd floor
(Behind Bombay Gym)
H. Somani Road, Fort
Mumbai 400 001