|Floods >> Private Resources >> Volunteers Available|
|Mumbai Flood Relief and Rehabilitation
in association with Times Foundation
BMC Disaster Control: Phone: 1916 or 108 or 22694725 / 7 or Fax 22694719. Online complaints via www.praja.org
Times Helpline: 56354376 / 45 firstname.lastname@example.org www.timesfoundation.org
Karmayog Helpline: 98201-55591 (Upadhyay)
| NSS volunteers
from various colleges and also volunteers from Nirmala Niketan can be contacted
thru Mrs. Redkar of BMC 98201-65156
August 10, 2005
| A list of
volunteers who would like to help out with relief efforts.
Aug 10, 2005
| I want to work with any NGO who is working
in Kandivli areas for the flood affected. I am willing to do field level
work Ramita 98218-78215
Aug 6, 2005
|Ms Meera Nagpal email@example.com would like to help near the Khar area.|
| Who is doing
relief work on veera desai road? Some of us would like to help.
jyoti punwani" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
| Aug 3, 2005
--Ms Shobha Vajpayee Food / Medicine/ Cloth Kalina /Kurla 24180314 / 23714266
--Mrs. Telang Self Help Andheri Kurla D ward 23894106/23611647
--Anita singh Self Help Vashi 9820224524/ 56101884
--Nicky TATA Institute of Social Science 28927885
--Deepak Nachnai Self Help 28702580
--Brijish Pandey Group of Doctors 10 doctors Anywhere 9819464495
--Sudarshan Medicines Bandra-Virar 9820028473
--Ms Rajni from the Geetanjali Environment Solutions Trust has volunteered the help of her NGO situated in Juhu . She can help with food , clothing and also ensuring epidemics do not happen anywhere in Mumbai. Please do contact her at 9821280214
| I'd like to
volunteer my help for relief work in Mumbai, around Chembur on Sat and Sun,
Aug. 6 and 7. Also, I am willing to donate blood and have had no major illness
recently. Do let me know if any such drive is organised.
Cell: 98200 10052
Aug 3, 2005
| Members of
Urban Street Vendors Lok Seva Kendra based at Andheri west within K/West
ward will assist BMC if required for any kind of work, mostly in the
Slums of the area, since the slums are most likely to be effected in view of health and hygiene because of the poor conditions in the slums, the disaster management and NGO interested in slum may contact immediately.
Aug 3, 2005
| A social organisation
of 3000 people are interested in helping in flood relief. They can organise
money to buy things i.e. not to donate money itself. They also want to be
actually involved. They are interested in areas in or outside Mumbai.
If you are an NGO or an organisation who can do with their support, they need a 1- or 2-page proposal about needs, location of problem, extent of
problem, costs, timings, infrastructure available and needed, what is needed to be done, and exactly how it is to be done.
They will then get this very quickly approved by their committee and will swing into action. The size of the project is not relevant. They can take on
To give an idea, they can rehab 1000 families, or can adopt an area, or can adopt an entire village.
The group consists of people from all walks of life. They would prefer to supplement the efforts of an existing org e.g. NGO, or at least have a core
team from that affected area.
They would like that proposals be sent to them urgently and through Karmayog.
| 1000 volunteer
doctors available all over Mah
Doctor's help can be accessed from All India Jain Doctors
(Dr. Bharat Parmar 9224155493 / 9820070580 or Dr. Begani 98200-38850 )
who have a committed 1000 doctors to the relief measures.
Dr. Begani had attended the meeting called by Times Foundation and made this commitment.
| 1) Lata Balaji-
23684873 / 98198441986 – email@example.com
2) Dr. Alpa Dalal- 25362190 / 9820517596
3) S.Ram Prasad - 56834830
4) Samsung – 9820179488 Willing to provide relief material for New Bombay
5) Poornima-22151137 Willing to help in Raigad
6) Mr Mehta – 9820199440 Willing to help in Kurla
7) Mr. Deepam – 9820317978 Willing to help in Kalina and Kurla with Food/Medicine/Clothing.
8) Ms. Darshana- 26711984/9821469460 Willing to help with Counselling
9) Ms. Supreeta- 25646305 Will help as a volunteer (Mulund)
| List of Field
1. Sahyog - Jari Mari - Kurla (W) - Neha Madhiwala - 9892220160
2. Apnalaya - Mankhurd and Mumbra - Ashfaque - 25506110
3. Vikas Adhyan Kendra - Jogeshwari and Malad - Suresh Shelge - 28822850/28898662
4. Focus Humanitarian Assitance India - Thane/Kalyan - Sarfaraz Lakhani - 23001726
5. YUVA/NBA - Mankhurd - Pervin Jehangir - 22184779/22185832 and Raju Bhise - 24143498, 92244 12004
6. AID India - Chembur/Wadala - Om Damani - 93230 03401 and Rushabh - 98197 50190
7. Drishti Human Resource Centre - Smita Navare - 9323496704
| Name: Sudeepa
Message: I am sending this message on behalf of the students and staff of NITIE....
For the past few days we have been watching the mayhem created by the rains in Mumbai but we were unable to offer any help as our institure had been cut
off from the city with the approach road towards our institute being waterlogged...We sincerely wish to extend a helping hand to those in need...On tuesday...some of us did try to help the people stranded at Morarji Nagar which is just outside our institute. As of now WE HAVE THE FOLLOWING RESOURCES and we would like to know how we can be of help:
1. More than 300 volunteers
2. Uninterrupted supply of water from Vihar lake
3. Uniterrupted Power supply and internet connectivity.
This is a sincere request from all of us in NITIE...do let us know if any
help is required
| 1) Vandana
firstname.lastname@example.org] doctor (MBBS)
I would prefer to work around areas of kurla, sion if possible (these are the closest areas around my residence which have been hit..ireside at byculla),
though i do not mind going further if the need arises.
2) Manjula Ramkrishnan-24984375 / 9223444148. Preferably in around worli area – to provide basic amenities.
3) Mrs. S Khan- Teacher at Byculla- 23095493 / 23099892 (Christ Church school)- to provide basic amenities.
4) Ms Rajan-Environment-Self Help- 9821280214
5) Ms Sandhya Sinha Rehab-Self Help-K'divali - Borivali - 9820757132
6) Deesha -Self Help- 9819722773
7) Razza Naqvi-Self Help- 9892339914
8) Dr Vandana
9) Mrs Anu Singh- 9892229922
10) Ms Simran- 9821338699
11) Ms Pooja - 9892227129
12) Bakul Ayanji- Fundraising and Volunteers-Powai - 25703637
13) Mr. Ujwal Banerjee -TCS Medicines Worli- 9870148361
14) Urmilla Roongta- Self Help - 9324803167 / 26202950
15) Rajiv Sethi- Self Help- 9867011201
16) Smriti- Self Help- 23523831
17) Vineeta -Self Help- 24816248
18) V Mohan Das-Self Help- 9321269018
19) Mrs. Anu Singh email@example.com . Call 9892229922 or c/o Simran 9821338699/ Pooja 9892227129
harjeet singh sadhu
|For any assistance
in Andheri please call ( For human or animals )
Animal Helpline - 9819 100 100, 022 - 2670 14 13, 022 - 26 28 02 47, 26 25 02 91
Arvind Shah - 98 200 53 247