>> Flooding in Mumbai
Mumbai Flood Relief and Rehabilitation
in association with Times
Sat 6 Aug - 3 pm - Open meeting for NGOs, Donors,
etc. at Times of India Building, 6 Floor. Click for details.
BMC Disaster Control: email firstname.lastname@example.org or
Phone: 1916 or 108 or 22694725 / 56240180 or Fax 22694719.
BMC is seriously interested in getting feedback
of the ground reality so as to be able to debottleneck effectively and quickly.
An NGO Co-ordination Committee for flood relief has been formed on Aug 4 by
Municipal Commissioner, Mr. Johny Joseph.
So do convey your needs and offers to the
BMC Disaster Cell and also to any one of the NGO's below.
The Coordination Committee will consist of:
- Ms. Farida Lambay of Nirmala Niketan, 98201-33553 who will co-ordinate with
all NGOs for Western Suburbs i.e. all H, K, P and R wards.
- Ms. Leena Joshi of Apnalaya 98926-32224 who along with TISS will co-ordinate
with all NGOs for Eastern Suburbs i.e. all L and M wards
- Mr. Dinesh Kakkoth of CRY 23096845 / 6472 and Dr. Medha Somaiya 98211-85007
of Yuvak Pratisthan who will co-ordinate with NGOs for the Central Suburbs i.e.
all N, S and T wards.
- Ms. Armida Fernandes of Sneha 98211-37949 or 24042627 who will co-ordinate
with NGOs for F-north and G-north wards.
- Mr. Begur of Unicef 28269727 / 28253663 X 103 who are mapping the detailed
needs of the 7 most affected wards and co-ordinating with various international
- Times Foundation email@example.com
Helpline: 56354376 / 45 who will also disseminate the official info via the
newspapers and radio.
- Vinay Somani of Karmayog which will post all needs and offers here along
with all FAQs, queries of NGOs and clarifications by BMC, other info by BMC,
etc. Helpline : 98207-48969 Vibha / 98201-55591 Upadhyay
For the detailed purpose and role of the NGO
Coordinating Committee, click here.