There seem to be a few groups pertaining
to stray dogs.
1. Urban Devp Committee - at state
level - meets once in 3 or 6 months.
2. High Court appointed committee
- - to implement High Court Guidelines 1998 --- 15 people incl.
of bmc & ngos
3. BMC & NGO Sterilisation Committee
- meets monthly - 6 NGOs, 6 BMC officers
4. Animal NGOs in Mumbai - informal
monthly meetings when an NGO has an issue to discuss - about 10
5. Times Forum for Animals - planning legal
cell against cruelty, education awareness, helpline.
There are 6 NGOs in Mumbai doing
sterilisation of dogs - WSD, IDA, AIWA, SPCA, PALS, Ahimsa
The above is unverified. It would
be useful to know more about the objectives and the outcomes of
these and any other groups.